Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/19 17:10:29 UTC

[m2] Need to duplicate a file during build

In src/main/resources, I have several .properties files:

org.apache/.../ApplicationResources.properties
org.apache/.../ApplicationResources_ja.properties
org.apache/.../ApplicationResources_en.properties

As part of the build I need to duplicate
ApplicationResources.properties as ApplicationResources_en.properties
so that I end up with four .properties files under target/classes.

I can't seem to get it done with <resource> as there is only
<targetPath> and not <targetFile> (which wouldn't make sense if
multiple files were picked up with <include>.)

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Wendy

Re: [m2] Need to duplicate a file during build

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
yes, that's what I meant too :)

good luck...

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
well, this is not for the maven mailing list, but in general I
disagree with your Ant file ;-)  I'm for NOT duplicating things, as it
brings additional maintainance overhead. If your message changes - you
need to update both the '_en' AND the default file...and since I
assume the default file (AppResources.properties) is already in
english, why duplicate it?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/19/05, Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> wrote:
> If this is for resource bundles then don't you already have the
> correct files?

No, just a typo... I have:

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
If this is for resource bundles then don't you already have the
correct files?

In other words for _en and _ja locales the corresponding property
files will be found
and then for any other locale the default file will be used, ie
ApplicationResources.properties.

org.apache/.../ApplicationResources.properties
org.apache/.../ApplicationResources_ja.properties
org.apache/.../ApplicationResources_en.properties

Not sure what name you want for the fourth file.

In fact if the default is english then you could even remove the
_en.properties file.

- AW

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.