Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/04/30 21:15:36 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "SolrTomcat" by JustinHiza

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JustinHiza:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat

The comment on the change is:
xalan jar reference addition for users that posisbly run into this boottime erro

  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-solr1/

+ == Troubleshooting Errors ==
+ It's possible that you get an error related to the following:
+ {{{
+ SEVERE: Exception starting filter SolrRequestFilter
+ java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig
+         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:76)
+ Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: XPathFactory#newInstance() failed to create an XPathFactory for the default object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom with the XPathFactoryConfigurationException: javax.xml.x
+ path.XPathFactoryConfigurationException: No XPathFctory implementation found for the object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom
+         at javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
+ }}}
+
+ This is due to your tomcat instance not having the xalan jar file in the classpath.  It took me some digging to find this, and thought it might be useful for others.  The location varies from distribution to distribution, but I essentially just added (via a symlink) the jar file to the shared/lib directory under the tomcat directory.
+