Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Charles So <ch...@tourdefarm.com> on 2018/08/03 06:11:57 UTC

Fresh Start: 17.12 or 16.11

Hello everyone,

We are starting afresh.

We aim to replace OpenCart (ecommerce) with OFBiz, mainly to build a customer facing commerce site with responsive layout, and semi-complex discount computation based on a number of parameters such as number of products in cart, categories, discounts of the day, promotions and etc.

Which version should we start with, the stable 16.11 or branch release 17.12? We expect to do quite a bit of coding to implement the features mentioned above.

Thanks alot!
Charles

Re: Fresh Start: 17.12 or 16.11

Posted by Gil Portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Charles,

In my opinion, whereas branch 17.12 is in stabilization period and you might
encounter some bugs, but if you are not in a hurry i'll go with it,
since there has been 8 month of bug fixes and a stable release should
come up at the end of the year or so.
This done that would spare the cost of a migration from 16.11 to 17.12.

I you want to be safer choose 16.11

Welcome in the community !

Gil