Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Rajesh.J" <ra...@crawler.com> on 2009/09/04 06:33:23 UTC

Uregent Issue in log4j log message is rooted to System.out

I am using log4j to log my messages The problem I am getting is in some cases
the log
message is routed to System.out . And my message are printed in system.out
with a prefix
of “standalonelogger”. This problem is occurring where webservices related
jars are
used(axis.jar). I have even set my loggers addivity to false.Still I could not
find any
solution for this. I have even removed the cosole appender  of the Root
category of
axis.jar ,Still there is no improvement.My code is perfectly working in other
environments
where webservices related jars are not used.Why there is a
prefix “StandaloneLogger” is
coming. Even if my logger is inherting console appender from its parent
(somehow) where
from the message  “StandaloneLogger” is coming.

If my code had the line as below
Log.debug(“some message to be logged”);

Output in System out is

 [9/3/09 14:23:12:961 EST] 00000072 SystemOut     O 2009-09-03 14:23:12,953
StandaloneLogger DEBUG - some message to be logged

Please help me on this issue.

RE: Uregent Issue in log4j log message is rooted to System.out

Posted by Matt Brown <Ma...@citrixOnline.com>.
Take a look at the axis.jar (and other axis-related jars, such as axis-ant.jar) and make sure to remove any log4j.properties / log4j.xml that any of them might have packaged within the JAR.

I remember being bitten by a similar problem once before - one of the axis JARs unexpectedly including a log4j configuration, which was overriding my own.