Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Inger, Matthew" <In...@Synygy.com> on 2004/03/03 20:09:41 UTC

[Configuration] IniFile

Any interest in an INI File configuration class?
It would read a Windows style .ini file.  A sample:

	[Section1]
	key1=value1

	[Section2]
	key2=value2

would produce the following properties:

	Section1/key1=value1
	Section2/key2=value2

Unfortunately, empty sections would not be dealt with
by the existing state of what i have.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@micropole-univers.com>.
That might be interesting, I see 2 approaches, either prefix the keys
with the section name, thus your example would produce the following
properties:

section1.key1=value1
section2.key2=value2

or handle a .ini file as a composite configuration, with 1 configuration
per section. A WindowsConfiguration class could be a subclass of
CompositeConfiguration with additional methods for loading/saving the
configuration, and adding a property under a specific section (something
like setProperty(String section, String key, String value)).

Emmanuel Bourg