Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Suman N <Su...@curamsoftware.com> on 2007/11/07 11:56:22 UTC

Distributed Protocol Error

Hi,

I have been getting the following error when I execute an executeupdate
on a batch of queries from my application. What should I do to avoid or
eliminate this error?

Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error:
DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 2113; Error Code Value = 14.
Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled client?

org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException: Execution failed
because of a Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT
arg  = 2113; Error Code Value = 14. Plaintext connection attempt from an
SSL e

nabled client?

Thanks,

Suman

Re: Distributed Protocol Error

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
"Bernt M. Johnsen" <Be...@Sun.COM> writes:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. Now I know why I get this error. But what needs to
>> be done to eliminate it.(i.e How can I make my application to talk the
>> Derby client protocol (DRDA) and how can I make the server to run with
>> SSL encryption enabled?).
>
> By default, neither the client, nor the server will run with SSL
> encryption enabled. DRDA is the Derby client protocol, and will
> allways be used in Derby client server communications. My point was
> that if some application which was not a Derby client (or other DRDA
> client, which is possible since DRDA is an open standard and also used
> by e.g. DB2 clients) tried to connect to a Derby server, you would get
> that error message.

A more likely explanation is that you have come across a bug in
Derby. If you could post the steps needed to reproduce the error,
someone might come up with a workaround or a fix.

--
Knut Anders

Re: Distributed Protocol Error

Posted by "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Be...@Sun.COM>.
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Now I know why I get this error. But what needs to
> be done to eliminate it.(i.e How can I make my application to talk the
> Derby client protocol (DRDA) and how can I make the server to run with
> SSL encryption enabled?).

By default, neither the client, nor the server will run with SSL
encryption enabled. DRDA is the Derby client protocol, and will
allways be used in Derby client server communications. My point was
that if some application which was not a Derby client (or other DRDA
client, which is possible since DRDA is an open standard and also used
by e.g. DB2 clients) tried to connect to a Derby server, you would get
that error message.

The documentation on how to use SSL, if that's what byou need, you
will find here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/cadminssl.html

Posted by "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Be...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,