Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/03 22:32:55 UTC

Git migration for stuff

What's the latest on Git migration? If not for Wicket proper, for Wicket-Stuff? Windows support as come a long way...

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache

-igor

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Andrew Lombardi <an...@mysticcoders.com>.
gitk works wonders with those things

On Mar 4, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Johan Compagner wrote:

> no integration needed?
> How do you compare (with the repository version or another version, branch)?
>
> how do you check what is all incoming? (synchronize with working sets)
> History view: getting a revision, comparing 2 revisions, getting the
> contents?
> Annotations?
>
> I use above points daily. I cant do without it.
>
> johan
>

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 22:10, Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Like the man said, the eclipse support ain't too bad. But the way Git works
>> you really don't _need_ integration.  If you want a good ui there's
>> Tortoise
>> Git for windows or GitX for OSX.
>>
>> git-svn is useful, but limits you. It's very slow and cannot support merges
>> (because it has to eventually fall back to SVN representation).
>>

>> jcompagner-2 wrote:
>>>
>>> How is the latest eclipse plugin support?
>>>
>>> But why not just use then  svn-git 'bridge' that git has build in?

To our success!

Mystic Coders, LLC | Code Magic | www.mysticcoders.com

ANDREW LOMBARDI | andrew@mysticcoders.com
2321 E 4th St. Ste C-128, Santa Ana CA 92705
ofc: 714-816-4488
fax: 714-782-6024
cell: 714-697-8046
linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewlombardi
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kinabalu

Eco-Tip: Printing e-mails is usually a waste.

This message is for the named person's use only. You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
 disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
How do you compare (with the repository version or another version, branch)?
Something along the lines of (other ui tools might differ slightly):
gitk 1.2 1.3
gitk master origin
git diff master..origin/master
dit diff master..origin/feature-branch

history view:
getting a revision,
git checkout 1.2

comparing 2 revisions,
git diff 1.2..1.3
in gitx:
git diff v0.5 v0.6 | gitx

getting the contents?
git checkout 1.4

Annotations?
git-annotate or git-blame (personal preference)

I hope that answers some of your question? Let me know if you are curious
about anything else?

(the "no integration needed" comment was more addressing SVN's need to be
integrated in order to track renames, or it dies.)

-----

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
that is all there in the egit plugin.

-igor

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> no integration needed?
> How do you compare (with the repository version or another version, branch)?
>
> how do you check what is all incoming? (synchronize with working sets)
> History view: getting a revision, comparing 2 revisions, getting the
> contents?
> Annotations?
>
> I use above points daily. I cant do without it.

>From my experience, you can do this stuff with the Git plugin for Eclipse.

Eelco

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
no integration needed?

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes I can understand for Wicket but what about Stuff?

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git migration for stuff

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.