Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Carl Jones <ap...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/26 17:33:12 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie stuck - (front page??) (sunshine webmaster?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sunshine Arcade" <we...@sunshinearcade.com>
To: <us...@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Newbie stuck

> On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 02:46, Global Point Solutions wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> > I have installed Apache 1.3 on Win2k. Everything seems to work fine
> > except the only page I can get is the default web page. Can someone
> > help he get this figured out. I have attached the file for your
> > review.
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Casey Roberts
> croberts@gps1.us
>
> Hi Casey,
>
> Put your content into your "DocumentRoot" C:/My Documents/My Webs
>
> Then make sure that the page you want to serve is called index.html

Dear Sunshine Webmaster,
>From what you said ("My Webs") it sounds like you might be using Front Page.
Are you?
Have you tried to install FP extensions?
I am running Apache 2.0.45 on WinXP Home.
I have done research and am still unclear on:
    (1) if there is a download file for that configuration, and
    (2) what the instructions are
>From various Microsoft sites if I follow Apache links, everything talks
about unix and tar files.
But if I follow MS/OS links (98, NT, ME, XP) I only see discussions about
IIS and Personal Web Server.
Can you help?
thanks
  -carl