Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Henry A <he...@yahoo.de> on 2009/07/25 15:41:36 UTC

Suppress prefix validation in the XML -Message

The message that my client gets from service looks lik this:
<response    xmlns="http://kkk/schema/xsxs" xmlns:ns1="http://kkk/xsx.org/">
    <ns1:something>
    <ns1:mn> and so on</ns1:mn>
    </ns1:something>
 </response>

Because the prefix ns1 is used in the message, the xmlbenas in client fails
with an error!
 But when I remove the prefix from xml response and then handover to the
xmlbean works fine.
 How can I say xmlbeans to understand the prefix in the message?
 Thanks for your hint in advance.

Re: Suppress prefix validation in the XML -Message

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
A) Take a peek at
http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/guide/conValidationWithXmlBeans.html#validation_apis

you can set an error listener on the XMLOptions you pass into the validate
method and get much more useful information. The value of false means the
instance is not valid according to the schema.

B) In your example payload, you have
<response    xmlns="http://kkk/schema/xsxs" xmlns:ns1="http://kkk/xsx.org/">
  <ns1:something>
and you are saying that when you remove the namespace prefix everything
works fine.
I'm saying that instance is NOT the same as the one you posted.
For example, if you remove the prefix on the <something /> element, what is
the new QName on it? It inherits the namespace from the xmlns value. In the
example you posted the xmlns value and the value assigned to ns1 are not the
same.
In long form: (before)
<response    xmlns="http://kkk/schema/xsxs" >
  <something *xmlns="http://kkk/xsx.org/"*>
(after removing the prefix)
<response    xmlns="http://kkk/schema/xsxs" >
  <something *xmlns="http://kkk/schema/xsxs"*>

Does that help you see the difference? I also imagine the additional error
messages will state something about 'found element something@xsx.org, but
expected something@xsxs"

HTH,
-jacobd

Posted by Pete Cordell <pe...@codalogic.com>.
Would it help if you posted the XSD schema?

Thanks,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com