Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/15 04:13:01 UTC

[FlexJS] Getting started code example snippets!

Hi, FlexJS community!

In order to make it easier for developers everywhere to get started
building apps with FlexJS components, I started putting together some
simple code examples. I'm talking about the most foundational things that
you might want to do with each different component, like setting data,
listening to events, and setting common styles.

Here's an example of one of the pages that I created. It shows how to use
<js:List> from the FlexJS basic component set:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/List

For more components in the FlexJS basic set, visit the following page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS+Basic+components

Not every component has its own page yet, and this collection of examples
will definitely be expanded over time. Everything needs to start somewhere,
though. Even if this isn't a complete guide yet, I wanted to share it
sooner rather than later!

Josh Tynjala

Re: [FlexJS] Getting started code example snippets!

Posted by Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I mean a working demo the page viewers can see and play with.
You have it many sites and it really helps understanding how should the
relevant component look & feel.

Regards,
Evyatar

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Great work Josh!

That was something I want to do in a blog or something, but didn't have the
time to work on. So great to have this just now! :)

I think Evyatar says that code would be more helpful if just a side we
could get the running version. I think that's right, and I was thinking on
have it too in the blog I mention but this requires more work to be done of
course...

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Getting started code example snippets!

Posted by Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Great work Josh!

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Getting started code example snippets!

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Evyatar,

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Evyatar,

Posted by Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Posted by Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Excellent Josh, thanks for doing it.

BTW, folks who aren't committers (yet) can get write access to the wiki if
they want to help write more of these pages.  Create an account on the
wiki and let me know what it is.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.