Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Noorul Islam K M <no...@noorul.com> on 2016/01/11 14:21:28 UTC

sstableloader throughput

I have a need to stream data to new cluster using sstableloader. I
spawned a machine with 32 cores assuming that sstableloader scaled with
respect to cores. But it doesn't look like so.

I am getting an average throughput of 18 MB/s which seems to be pretty
low (I might be wrong).

Is there any way to increase the throughput. OpsCenter data on target
cluster shows very less write requests / second.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

Re: sstableloader throughput

Posted by Noorul Islam Kamal Malmiyoda <no...@noorul.com>.
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Jeff Jirsa <je...@crowdstrike.com> wrote:

> Make sure streaming throughput isn’t throttled on the destination cluster.

How do I do that? Is stream_throughput_outbound_megabits_per_sec the
attribute in cassandra.yaml.

I think we can set that on the fly using nodetool setstreamthroughput

I ran

nodetool setstreamthroughput 0

on target machine. But that doesn't improve the average througput.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <je...@crowdstrike.com>.