Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Thomas Kernstock <t....@e-technologies.at> on 2016/08/09 16:58:18 UTC

Codi -> Deltaspike

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this group so I hope it is OK to ask a question here:

Until now I used JEE6 and CODI which worked fine. Now I migrated to JEE7 and Deltaspike which went fine so far. I only have one problem that I couldn't find in docs and examples in the internet regarding ViewConfigs.

1) In Codi I had multiple Controller classes for one view:

       @Page
       @PageBean.List({
             @PageBean(Bean1Page.class),
             @PageBean(Bean2Page.class),
             @PageBean(Bean3Page.class)
       })
       public final class PageXY implements Page1 {}

I couldn't find a way to define that with Deltaspike because @ViewControllerRef is not repeatable. And @ViewRef in the controller class is non repeatable too.
       @View
       @ViewControllerRef(BeanPage1.class)
       // @ViewControllerRef(BeanPage2.class)
       // @ViewControllerRef(BeanPage3.class)
       public final class PageXY implements Page1 {}
Is there a way to to that in Deltaspike?
2) In my project I use Viewconfigs like this:
@View(navigation = NavigationMode.REDIRECT)
@ViewControllerRef(ApplicationPage.class)
public class Application implements ViewConfig {}
________________________
@Named
@ViewAccessScoped
public class ApplicationPage implements Serializable{
       @PreRenderView
       public void initView(){
             DoSomething();
       }
}

When I use it that way, initView() is never called. When I annotate the Controller with @ViewRef(config=Application.class) and remove the @ViewControllerRef from the ViewConfig everything works as planned.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
3) my environment:

*         Payara Server 4.1.1.161

*         Deltaspike 1.6.0

*         MyFaces ExtVal 2.0.8