Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by viola lu <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/22 04:29:17 UTC

[Discussion] WAB Deployment Way

>From https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5588, currenlty WAB is
deployed via osgi: install, or packaged in EAB , then deployed via admin
console. If it's deployed via admin console, it's recognized as WAR, shall
we keep current way in future? Or will enable WBA deployment via admin
console and deployer tool?
Also there is another question here: WAB is a bundle, its classpath can be
set via bundle classpath or use default classpath( classes keep the same
level with WEB-INF:,  but it's also a JavaEE application, whose default
classpath is "classes or lib are under the subfolder of WEB-INF, this is
defined in RFC 66. If as definition in RFC 66, osgi: install won't load
classes under WEB-INF in WAB. Or shall we support both?
Welcome comments!Thanks in advance!

--
viola

Re: [Discussion] WAB Deployment Way

Posted by viola lu <vi...@gmail.com>.
Any thoughts?

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Maybe It should not be called "support".

Geronimo does not have very good  warning/error messages in some cases when
the user makes mistakes.   "EAB deployment via admin console" problem could
be another example of that.

--
Shawn

Re: [Discussion] WAB Deployment Way

Posted by viola lu <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Shawn

Re: [Discussion] WAB Deployment Way

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Shawn

Re: [Discussion] WAB Deployment Way

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
We need to do more discuss with this thread.

--
Shawn

Re: [Discussion] WAB Deployment Way

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.