Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by John Armstrong <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/29 23:07:12 UTC

Hinting for datatype in Modeler?

Hi everyone,
  My database (Firebird) does not support boolean types. Cayenne helps
me with this by letting me use a char(1) to emulate booleans. Thanks!

  The problem I have is that I am doing a lot of back and forth in my
database design and I treat the database as authoritative rather then
using the modeler for all activities and just reverse engineer the db
into the modeler. This means that every time I regen the model this
way I have to manually set 50+ fields from java.lang.String to boolean
types.

Anyone have a tip for getting around this?

John-

Re: Hinting for datatype in Modeler?

Posted by John Armstrong <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tore, a few hours after I sent this I stumbled across the
Migrate feature.

This feature is amazing and works very well with Firebird for which I
use the generic JDBC implementation

Thanks everyone, cayenne continues to amaze. I have it working nicely
with Wicket now as I migrate away from Struts, very very nice (it just
'works'!)

John-

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
Hello.