Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Chetan Khatri <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/27 18:49:56 UTC

Incremental import from HBase to Hive

Hello Community,

I am working with HBase 1.2.4 , what would be the best approach to do
Incremental load from HBase to Hive ?

Thanks.

Re: Incremental import from HBase to Hive

Posted by Rohit Jain <ro...@esgyn.com>.
An example of that is how in Trafodion one can generate a Divisioning column, such a week number, derived from a date column, that becomes the leading part of a multi-column HBase key. Of course, Trafodion has a salt key as a prefix to spread the data across the regions in a balanced way, but you may not need that in your scenario. Then you can use that to just access the data for the last week.

Rohit

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
the user@ list only.)

Posted by Chetan Khatri <ch...@gmail.com>.