Posted to users@flex.apache.org by After24 <vi...@after24.net> on 2020/11/12 10:31:34 UTC

Issue with Flex 4.16.1 and Harman AIR 33.1

Hello,

In the process of updating an Android app for the Google play store using
the latest Harman AIR 33 SDK, I'm facing an issue regarding remote calls
with AMFPHP.

I'm using the latest FLEX SDK binaries (4.16.1) overlayed with Harman's AIR
SDK 33.1.300 .

When executing (from Intellij) in debug mode using ADL, each AMF call fails
with the following error : Channel.Connect.Failed error
NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed: url:'https://....'

But when compiling in debug mode directly on an android device, the AMF
calls doesn't fail.

Anyone encounter similar issues ?

Thanks.

Vincent.

Re: Issue with Flex 4.16.1 and Harman AIR 33.1

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Hi Leokan,

I had already tried using both http and https with no luck.

I managed to get ADL working by replacing the bin folder of the SDK (AIR 33)
with the one of my SDK AIR (31).

This is at best very sketchy fix that could potentially cause other
problems.

I would like to understand if this is an AIR 33 SDK issue, a FLEX SDK issue
with AIR 33 SDK or if (more probably) the problem is related to the way I
generate the SDK.

My procedure on MAC OS 10.12 is as follows :

1 - Downloading the FLEX SDK 4.16.1 binaries from the apache flex  website
<http://flex.apache.org/download-binaries.html>

2 - Downloading the non-included dependencies using the Ant command 'ant
thirdparty-downloads' indise the frameworks folder of the SDK

3 - Downloading the Harman AIR SDK for Flex Developers from Harman
dedicated website <https://airsdk.harman.com/download>  .

4 - Unziping the downloaded SDK and generate a .dmg from it using the disk
utility tool (unlike Adobe which provides the AIR SDK as a .dmg file for
MacOS, the Harman SDK is provided as a .zip)

5 - Overlaying the FLEX SDK using the procedure  described by Adobe
<https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/x-productkb/multi/how-overlay-air-sdk-flex-sdk.html>

Has anyone else on the list generated a Flex SDK with AIR 33 ? Have you
encountered problems doing so ?

Re: Issue with Flex 4.16.1 and Harman AIR 33.1

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
Check if it works with http instead of https. I remember flex / air /
whatever having issues with https links

Re: Issue with Flex 4.16.1 and Harman AIR 33.1

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Hi Pol2095,

Thank you for the tutorial link.

Posted by pol2095 <po...@free.fr>.
i added a little tutorial  here
<https://forum.starling-framework.org/d/22177-adobe-flash-builder-4-7-new-air-and-flex-sdks/2>

Re: Issue with Flex 4.16.1 and Harman AIR 33.1

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response, ok for the "Harman tag"  filter.
Yes, it would be nice if you could fix this adl issue on MacOS on a future
AIR version as I'm probably not the only one who have faced this problem.

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your answer, very cool to know your are monitoring this list.
Just tried to remove the code signing on adl but it doesn't solve the issue.

This problem seems to be related to the absence of the /bin/Contents/ folder
in the AIR 33 SDK : pasting the Contents folder (copied from another AIR
SDK) into the bin folder solves the issue.

If I understand correctly, the Info.plist property file within the Contents
folder expose the required key :

/<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key>
	<dict>
    		<key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key>