Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se> on 2006/09/07 17:26:23 UTC

Cocoon, Spring and OSGi

It seem like the Spring-OSGi integration work is taking of quite
seriously http://www.osgi.org/blog/2006/08/osgi-and-spring_29.html. Key
players from both OSGi, Spring and some large companies are working on it.

For Cocoon I think the way to go forward is that we make the part of the
blocks architecture that is about "sitemap polymorphism", blocks
protocol etc, Spring managed (like I have been talking about for some
while and even started to work on, unfortunately I haven't been able to
spend much time on Cocoon for the last months).

For the Spring-OSGi bridge, that make inter block (bundle) component
communication possible, we should move towards using the things the
Spring community develops. I have subscribed to their mailing list and
will see if their current direction solves our needs and otherwise take
part in the discussions.

/Daniel

Re: Cocoon, Spring and OSGi

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> It seem like the Spring-OSGi integration work is taking of quite
> seriously http://www.osgi.org/blog/2006/08/osgi-and-spring_29.html. Key
> players from both OSGi, Spring and some large companies are working on it.
I think these are really good news and this means that our decision to
move to Spring might be even more important.

> For Cocoon I think the way to go forward is that we make the part of the
> blocks architecture that is about "sitemap polymorphism", blocks
> protocol etc, Spring managed (like I have been talking about for some
> while and even started to work on, unfortunately I haven't been able to
> spend much time on Cocoon for the last months).
I hope to finish the new Spring base per sitemap configuration stuff
soon which moves all of the container creation out of the sitemap engine.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/