Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Grant <em...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/09 19:09:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Disable directory detection?

Hello, apache2 hands off all requests to the interchange daemon via a
socket.  However, if a request is made like this:

domain.com/location

and the folder "location" exists at the docroot, apache2 appends a "/"
character to the request before handing it off.  Can I disable this
behavior?  It is interfering with redirects and I'd rather not offer
information about the folders in my docroot.

- Grant

Re: [users@httpd] Disable directory detection?

Posted by Grant <em...@gmail.com>.
> > Hello, apache2 hands off all requests to the interchange daemon via a
> > socket.  However, if a request is made like this:
> >
> > domain.com/location
> >
> > and the folder "location" exists at the docroot, apache2 appends a "/"
> > character to the request before handing it off.  Can I disable this
> > behavior?  It is interfering with redirects and I'd rather not offer
> > information about the folders in my docroot.
>
> In general, this sounds like a problem with whatever technique you are
> using to connect to "interchange" (whatever that is).  But in recent
> versions you can work around it with
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryslash
> or just by disabling mod_dir entirely.

Ok, thanks Joshua.  I agree there must be a problem with the
connection to interchange (icdevgroup.org).  I've disabled the
DirectorySlash.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 12/9/06, Grant <em...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, apache2 hands off all requests to the interchange daemon via a
> socket.  However, if a request is made like this:
>
> domain.com/location
>
> and the folder "location" exists at the docroot, apache2 appends a "/"
> character to the request before handing it off.  Can I disable this
> behavior?  It is interfering with redirects and I'd rather not offer
> information about the folders in my docroot.

In general, this sounds like a problem with whatever technique you are
using to connect to "interchange" (whatever that is).  But in recent
versions you can work around it with
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryslash
or just by disabling mod_dir entirely.

Joshua.