Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/28 03:09:08 UTC

XPathXMLFileModule differences

Is the new XPathXMLFileModule not a drop-in replacement for the
XMLFileModule?  I'm wondering if we may have been depending on some
[?undocumented?] lazy-loading behavior of the old one or something.
In the xconf file I have:

    <component-instance
      class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XPathXMLFileModule"
      logger="core.modules.mapper.link" name="linkmap">
    </component-instance>

Leading to complaints of the absence of a src attribute.  Our "<file
src" aren't defined in the xconf file, but rather in the xmap
themselves, e.g.

          <input-module name="linkmap">
            <file src="{src}" reloadable="true" />
          </input-module>

It seems that the old version doesn't assume the file element exists
in the configure method:

Configuration[] files = config.getChildren("file");
        for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {

but the new one does...

Configuration fileConfig = config.getChild("file");
this.src = fileConfig.getAttribute("src");

I admit that I've been away from forrest for some time so perhaps
there's something I'm missing here?  Any pointers appreciated...

Thanks,
--tim

Re: XPathXMLFileModule differences

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 Ralph Goers wrote:

> It has been quite a while since I last worked on Cocoon, but since I
> wrote XPathXMLFileModule I suppose I am best qualified to answer the
> question.
>
> XPathXMLFileModule is a replacement for XMLFileModule but it is not
> completely compatible - which is why it is a new module and not just
> an upgraded version of the old one. The differences were itemized in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1574 (see my comment on Dec
>  27, 2007)

Thanks for your answer Ralph, and for your work.
I am just Cc forrest-dev list.

-David

Re: XPathXMLFileModule differences

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.