Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Robert Liguori <cx...@gliesian.com> on 2011/08/10 16:55:55 UTC

Use of Apache Jakarta ORO

Is Apache Jakarta ORO still be used by CXF?

The WHICH_JARS file state:

"For Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java:
- oro.jar
..."

However, I wasn't able to find the imports for it.

I ask because Apache Jakarta ORO is now retired...
http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/

And it may be a good move to refactor out any related code using the
new features of the JDK... as well as removing any Maven references to
the library and inclusion in the distributed lib folder.

Thanks.

Re: Use of Apache Jakarta ORO

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
It used to be required for velocity 1.6.x.   Now that we're using 1.7.x, we
can remove that from WHICH_JARS

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp