Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Skolnick <cl...@steam.com> on 1995/03/15 12:56:12 UTC

CERN

A few people that I really respect at work (sun) are suggesting (quite
strongly in fact) that we look at using CERN as a base.  I know that
the CERN server has been hacked to include all the NSCA features by
folks here and I was told it was not difficult.  What are peoples
thoughts on this? [ as cliff ducks ]

Cliff

I am also talking to some marketers at Sun about some hardware.  I
think we can really use a nice MP system to test the server. :-)
The formal request will go in after a real release.  Anyone else
want to approach SGI?  We would want an MP system, we have enough UPs
to test stuff on already.  The system could be a long term loaner,
they don't have to "give" it to us, just "lend" it for a long time.

The home would be on a pair of T1's in San Francisco.