Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Karthik <ka...@xius.org> on 2006/01/09 12:59:30 UTC

Ant and Questions

Hi Form

Somebody help me in the questions below.

1)Time consumed for the TARGET that was fired from "build.xml" in form of
o/p using echo.

2)Howto make use of LOGGER in ANT are there any specific tags built in for
using the same
  [ Ant Doc's revel very little information on logging process ]

with regards
Karthik

Re: Ant and Questions

Posted by James Fuller <ji...@ruminate.co.uk>.
Karthik wrote:

>Hi Form
>
>Somebody help me in the questions below.
>
>1)Time consumed for the TARGET that was fired from "build.xml" in form of
>o/p using echo.
>
>2)Howto make use of LOGGER in ANT are there any specific tags built in for
>using the same

timing
look at ant-contrib.sourceforge.net

log info
http://ant.apache.org/manual/listeners.html

the record task
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/recorder.html

gl, Jim Fuller

Re: Ant and Questions

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
"Karthik" <ka...@xius.org> wrote on 01/09/2006 06:59:30 AM:

> 1)Time consumed for the TARGET that was fired from "build.xml" in form
of
> o/p using echo.

You can write a customer logger that tracks when a given context begins,
and when it ends; this applies to targets, but also tasks, whole builds &
sub-builds. You can then use the begin/end timestamps to generate timing
information.

> 2)Howto make use of LOGGER in ANT are there any specific tags built in
for
> using the same

Look at some of the core tasks to get some examples. Ant's logging API is
very basic; it should not be hard to figure out.

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer