Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/28 19:24:27 UTC

[VOTE] Jelly and a release

We've covered most of the issues in Jira for Jelly to make a 1.0 release.

I'd like to go ahead and make the current code a release candidate, 1.0-RC1.

If anyone has changes or bugs that need to be addressed in 1.0,
*please* raise them now, so that we can decide to either include them
or wait.

So:
[ ] +1. Release 1.0-RC1.
[ ] +0. Sounds good but I can't help
[ ] -0. I don't agree, but don't want to hold the release.
[ ] -1. Please don't. Here's why: ....

Here's my +1.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Koushik <ko...@ontrackindia.com>.
Hi
I have not used jellydoc neither have i heard of it.
I am using plain DynaAction form of struts 1.1

Thanks and Regards
Koushik
Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> Le 2 nov. 04, à 21:04, Brett Porter a écrit :
>
>> are you sure it isn't jellydoc?
>

> Yes.

Ok, I'll try it and find out why.

>> this was "corrected" in maven by adding:
>> maven.jar.javadoc=${java.home}/lib/tools.jar
>

> But this is not done in maven-1.0, is that correct ?

No. It existed in the repo at that point in time I believe.

> Then it's a known bug and someone should succeed without this
> javadoc-1.3.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Jelly's site generate should succeed
without it? I'll have to see where it is failing.

> This business of manually installed non-downloadable jars is quite
> delicate. I wonder how much of this would be helped by good practice
> on making a special repository, between ibiblio and each users' local
> repo, that contains these.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't think we have any
alternatives for the Sun JARs at this point.

Thanks,
Brett

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
it was pulled from the repository for licensing reasons.

are you sure it isn't jellydoc?

this was "corrected" in maven by adding:

maven.jar.javadoc=${java.home}/lib/tools.jar

- Brett

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
'site' definitely works.

I don't usually just do site:generate.
I am currently off air and oversaes, and will definitely be able to
check in a couple of days...

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 29 Oct 2004, at 20:00, Dion Gillard wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:17:34 +0100, robert burrell donkin
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> this isn't really a release stopper but it's been bothering me for a
>> while and so this seems like a good excuse to try to resolve it...
>>
>> the sub-sites for the tag libraries don't seem to inherit any common
>> navigation elements from either the main commons site or from the
>> jelly
>> site. i think that it'd be much better if they were more richly linked
>> back.
>>
>> were they designed this way? (and would there be any objections if i
>> updated them so they contained common stuff?)
>
> AFAIK, they weren't designed this way.
>
>> is it a issue of some kind? (i seem to recall paul complaining about
>> some digester behaviour as regards resolving urls ages ago)
> I think it's a matter of updating navigation etc....
>
> Feel free

cool

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Oct 28, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Dion Gillard wrote:
> We've covered most of the issues in Jira for Jelly to make a 1.0
> release.
>
> I'd like to go ahead and make the current code a release candidate,
> 1.0-RC1.
>
> If anyone has changes or bugs that need to be addressed in 1.0,
> *please* raise them now, so that we can decide to either include them
> or wait.
>
> So:
> [X] +1. Release 1.0-RC1.

-pete

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
I just ran the tests and it looks like you forgot to commit outputData.jelly.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:30:46 +0200, Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> wrote:
> As, in my head, this was mostly be overridden by "receiving"
> subclasses, I didn't really care.
>
> I have done as you suggest, though, and, indeed, it makes the MuteTag
> better: this one can now avoid the toString of such things as the
> result of a Jexl expression, some speed improvement I think.
> Also, the jexl expressions now output into the XMLOutput through
> objectData(o) which means that such expressions will be usable to feed
> "as a result".
>
> One thing that would be lovely is to have all the parents of arg tags
> use this (and have arg tag use it)... are there some strong wishes to
> have the following:
>    <j:new className="myClass">${a}${b}</j:new> ?
> or
>    <j:list>${a}${b}${c}</j:list>
> ??
> Both would be easy with it.

I don't think just using a variable as the delimiter is the best way
to define args. Something else maybe, but not just variables.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm...

I setup the checkstyle config in two sections: Errors are things we
really don't want, and warnings are less of an issue and things we
could discuss and change.

I haven't looked at the report for a while.

Hopefully it's not a barrier to release.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

I think we agreed it would be a good addition, and that the name
should be objectData.

Is that right? If so, go for it.

Re: [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Re: RE : [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
>[X] +1. Release 1.0-RC1.
>[ ] +0. Sounds good but I can't help
>[ ] -0. I don't agree, but don't want to hold the release.
>[ ] -1. Please don't. Here's why: ....

Alex

RE : [VOTE] Jelly and a release

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
+1

We've covered most of the issues in Jira for Jelly to make a 1.0
release.

I'd like to go ahead and make the current code a release candidate,
1.0-RC1.

If anyone has changes or bugs that need to be addressed in 1.0,
*please* raise them now, so that we can decide to either include them
or wait.

So:
[ ] +1. Release 1.0-RC1.
[ ] +0. Sounds good but I can't help
[ ] -0. I don't agree, but don't want to hold the release.
[ ] -1. Please don't. Here's why: ....

Here's my +1.

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées de ce message, sont interdites.

RE: [VOTE] Jelly and a release