Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/04/08 22:42:20 UTC

Question about deleting Primary Storage

Hi,

I noticed when you use the PreSetup option while creating Primary Storage
based on a pre-existent storage repository in XenServer that deleting the
Primary Storage leads to CloudStack automatically deleting the storage
repository on XenServer.

Is this the desired behavior?

Since the user had to manually set up the storage repository, do we really
want to delete it automatically when the Primary Storage that was using it
gets deleted?

We don't do this, for example, when deleting Primary Storage that is based
on VMFS.  In that case, the VMFS datastore remains intact.

In the case where the user selects the iscsi option to create Primary
Storage and CloudStack is responsible for creating the storage repository,
then it makes sense to me to delete the storage repository when the Primary
Storage gets deleted (and we do do this).

What do you think?

*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302