Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> on 2022/09/22 09:39:42 UTC

Preparing for (almost) last provider's wave compatible with Airflow 2.2

Hello everyone,

TL;DR; I am gearing to prepare the next wave of providers. This will be the
last "regular" wave that will be compatible with Airflow 2.2. If you want
some fixes/changes to be in that release - this is the right time :).

This is in accordance with our agreed process in
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/README.md#release-process-for-providers.
After the 11th of October we will bump the min-version for all providers to
2.3 (we will remove some 2.2-specific code and have apache-airflow >= 2.3.

We might have another ad-hoc release if needed before October 11th but I
will be in New Orleans at ApacheCon the first few days of October and take
2 weeks vacation in the US afterwards, and there are others who can do the
release, but let's assume this is the last wave.

Let me know/ping me on slack also if you would like to have a branch
created for cherry-picking fixes to an old branch of some provider
(according to our "mixed-governance" process).

J.