Posted to users@hudi.apache.org by leesf <le...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/09 15:24:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Hudi Community Weekly Update(2020-08-02 ~ 2020-08-09)

Dear community,

Nice to share Hudi community weekly update for 2020-08-02 ~ 2020-08-09 with
updates on features, bugfixs.

=======================================
Features

[Writer Core] Support for RFC-12/Bootstrapping of external datasets to hudi
[1]
[Writer Core] Spark Streaming with async compaction support [2]
[Spark Integration] Speedup spark read queries by caching metaclient in
HoodieROPathFilter [3]
[Metrics] Added a console metrics reporter and associated unit tests. [4]
[Hive Integration] Abstract hudi-sync-common, and support hudi-hive-sync,
hudi-dla-sync [5]
[Writer Core] Parallelize fetching of source data files/partitions [6]
[Spark Integration] Support Spark Datasource for MOR table - RDD approach
[7]
[Writer Core] Implement CLI support for performing bootstrap [8]
[Metrics] Hudi Supports Prometheus Pushgateway [9]

=======================================
Bugs

[Writer Core] lack of insert info in delta_commit inflight [10]
[DeltaStreamer] Fix Jcommander issue for --hoodie-conf in DeltaStreamer [11]
[DeltaStreamer] Fix NPE when no new data in kafka using HoodieDeltaStreamer
[12]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-242
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-575
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1144
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1149
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-875
[6] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-999
[7] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-69
[8] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-971
[9] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-210
[10] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-525
[11] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1140
[12] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1151

Best,
Leesf

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hudi Community Weekly Update(2020-08-02 ~ 2020-08-09)

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 thanks leesf. I actually find these very useful when composing the
reports also.:)

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.