Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by James Puthukattukaran <ja...@symantec.com> on 2005/07/08 22:12:17 UTC

getting AbstractMethodError when attempting to implement JavaCompiler interface

I have defined my own class (IJC) that implements the JavaCompiler
interface and am using it with Websphere 5.0.
The IJC class is used instead of the default Java compiler when the JSP
engines loads it (defined jspCompilerPlugin in the ibm-ext.xml file).

When it attempts to load the class, it fails giving the following stack
trace.

[7/8/05 15:49:07:469 EDT] 5d1faf8f WebGroup      E SRVE0026E: [Servlet
Error]-[incert/addins/tomcat/IJC.setVerbose]:
ava.lang.AbstractMethodError: incert/addins/tomcat/IJC.setVerbose
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:301)^M
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:129)^M
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.jav
a:926)^M
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.load
IfNecessary(JspServlet.java:285)^M
.
.
.

(only posted the relevant part of the stack trace). Where is setVerbose
defined? I can't seem to find it in the javadoc pages for JavaCompiler.

thanks,
James