Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Heuston, Gary James" <GH...@tiaa-cref.org> on 2006/12/01 16:37:14 UTC

New member

Hey all, I am a new list member but a longtime Perl junkie :).  I
started scripting Perl about 6 years ago, and I still haven't found a
language I like as much as this...

  I am considering converting some of the tools my group is using to
mod_perl, however the company standard is to use Apache Tomcat (on
Win32) instead of standard Apache server.  Has anyone been able to get
mod_perl to work (or even build?) with Tomcat on Win32?

Thanks,

Gary Heuston

Software Configuration Management (SCM)

TIAA-CREF, Charlotte Regional Office

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
TIAA-CREF

Re: New member

Posted by Tom Schindl <li...@bestsolution.at>.
Hi,

sorry you are mixing things completely Tomcat is a
Java-Servlet-Container and mod_perl is module for the Apache-Webserver
you won't never get mod_perl running inside Tomcat but you can use your
Apache-Webserver to pipeling request to your Tomcat using mod_jk or let
requests be handled by mod_perl, ... .

Tom