Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by abhijith <to...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/22 13:59:17 UTC

kahadb.log files not cleaning up on scheduler store

Hi,

We have deployed ActiveMQ v5.6 and it has been running for last 3 years.  We
are in the process of upgrading to Artemis, but facing an issue currently
with deployed version.

We are sending messages with AMQ_SCHEDULED_DELAY header to topic and have
used retrypolicy on the consumer side.  We also have virtual destinations
defined for the topic, which forwards messages to two queues.  We are seeing
every message sent is landing in scheduler store and is not cleaning up.  We
can see messages itself made it to consumer without any issue.   Not able to
figure out why activemq is not cleaning up those files.  Any insight would
be really helpful

Below post helped me find all the details on why activemq uses two stores in
v5.6
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Enormous-amount-of-db-xxx-log-files-in-quot-scheduler-quot-directory-td4703259.html

Thanks
Abhi

Re: kahadb.log files not cleaning up on scheduler store

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 06/22/2016 09:59 AM, abhijith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have deployed ActiveMQ v5.6 and it has been running for last 3 years.  We
> are in the process of upgrading to Artemis, but facing an issue currently
> with deployed version.
Can you clarify here, you mention Artemis but the question seems to
relate only to ActiveMQ 5.x

> We are sending messages with AMQ_SCHEDULED_DELAY header to topic and have
> used retrypolicy on the consumer side.  We also have virtual destinations
> defined for the topic, which forwards messages to two queues.  We are seeing
> every message sent is landing in scheduler store and is not cleaning up.  We
> can see messages itself made it to consumer without any issue.   Not able to
> figure out why activemq is not cleaning up those files.  Any insight would
> be really helpful

If this is still using 5.6 then there are plenty of fixes for store
cleanup in the latest releases so upgrading to 5.13.3 would be good
first start.

> Below post helped me find all the details on why activemq uses two stores in
> v5.6
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Enormous-amount-of-db-xxx-log-files-in-quot-scheduler-quot-directory-td4703259.html
>
> Thanks
> Abhi