Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/20 13:00:43 UTC

[HELP] is old REST API broken ! Showstopper!

I think the old REST API is currently broken! The authentication no
longer works. I can send messages (http://localhost:8080/api/send_msg)
without having to perform a successful login via api first.  Any user
is credited as sending the message.

I haven't used this API in a while and now it appears to be broken.
Can somebody please check this out and see if my suspicion is correct.
If yes, then can somebody fix this bug. It is really a show-stopper.

D.

Re: [HELP] is old REST API broken ! Showstopper!

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> OK. It appears to be working again but maybe still do can some tests
> on the REST API. I don't trust it yet....

The worst ever bug crept into Lift a few days back.  Sessions were getting
destroyed.  That's fixed now.

> I think one of problems is that there is currently a conflict for
> current Twitter clients which can use laconica (such as twhirl) expect
> the "/api" prefix to access systems that support the twitter API.
> Currently "api" is being used by our REST API.  So, there is a
> conflict. Right now, the default in ESME for the twitter api is
> "/twitter" which means that most existing twitter clients won't work
> for ESME access.  I previously had set the default twitter prefix to
> "api" which allowed the twitter clients to work but broke our REST
> API.
>
> Ideally, we might change the prefix for our API to "esmeapi" in order
> to avoid conflicts with existing apis.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> D.
>
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> What is strange is that the old Air client works.
> >
> > So did Twitter clients last time I tried. If you provide a user, it
> > will use that, but for Twitter API at least, any password would work.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

Re: [HELP] is old REST API broken ! Showstopper!

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
What is strange is that the old Air client works.

I'm going to do a clean build from SVN and deploy this to stax. Let's
see if that clears up the problem.

D.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.