Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/08/25 14:48:15 UTC

Speeding up compilation without compiling plugins

Hi

How can I disable the compiling of all plugins such that I can speedup
overall compile when I just did changes within the core?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: Speeding up compilation without compiling plugins

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Zaheed Haque wrote:

> src/plugin/build.xml
>
> remove the plugins that you don't want ..i.e
>
>     <ant dir="index-basic" target="deploy"/>

thanks.

Btw, is there any reason that the build does not contain any "desc"
which would allow to see descriptions with

ant -p resp. ant -projecthelp

?

I would be happy to deliver some ;-)

Thanks

Michi

Posted by Zaheed Haque <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Chris Mattmann wrote:

>Hi Michael,
>
> I believe that there is an ant task called "compile-core". If you just
>type:
>
># ant compile-core
>
>Rather than:
>
># ant
>
>You should be good to go.

Thanks for the pointer. I was actually rather hoping for something where
I could turn on/off compliation of the various
plugins, resp. the core and some selected plugins.

Thanks

Michi

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Michael,