Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/02 14:13:20 UTC

Re: [m1] Support of Java source artifact planned?

Hey,

It seems that the standard place to delpoy Java soures is in the
java-sources directory on the repository. The pattern should be
something like {artifactId}-{version}-source.jar ; Check the eclipse
plugin (1.10) for more details.

I think we should first define a standard location and then create a
maven one artifact handler for Java source code.

Thanks,
Stéphane

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m1] Support of Java source artifact planned?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I think it was done like this to use the artifact taglib (which by default
It could be possible to change it with a custom ArtifactTypeHandler (as done
in the ejb plugin for example) but nobody asked me to do it. I'm not sure
that this goal is often used.

Arnaud

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
That would be good!

Thanks,
Stéphane

On 1/2/06, Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's quite easy to create a custom artifact handler [1] to deploy sources on
> the repository with a compatible layout for m2.
> But where will we add it ? We don't have a plugin which deploy sources
> actually. We have the distribution plugin but it deploys all the project.
> Where could we add it ?
> I can create a new plugin if necessary. A maven-sources-plugin for m1.
>
> Arnaud
>

> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/ejb/src/main/org/apache/maven/ejb/EJBArtifactTypeHandler.java?rev=232640&view=markup
>

> On 1/2/06, Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 1/2/06, Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > since you do the work, you pick.  :)
> > > Just let me know then, I'll update the mevenide support then.
> >
> > Issue created: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1736
> >
> > Regards,
> > Stéphane
> >
> > --
> > .::You're welcome ::.

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m1] Support of Java source artifact planned?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Milos,

> [...]

> > nice to
> > > have the location somehow standardized, so that the sources don't appear
> > at
> > > many different places in the remote repository. I've been using the "
> > src.jar"
> > > location (made according to the "javadoc.jar" location) in the
> > > maven-mevenide-plugin and the netbeans IDE integration so far.
> > Unfortunately
> > > there's not much sources in the remote repository just yet (neither is
> > > javadocs :( ). I try uploading the sources for the mevenide project when
> > > do a release.
> > > http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/mevenide/src.jars/
> > >
> > > regarding tools to download, I don't know about maven goals, but I can
> > > download it from Netbeans (user can check the remote repositories for
> > > javadocs and sources and mevenide will download it for him/her)

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m1] Support of Java source artifact planned?

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.