Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Yun-young LEE <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/05 16:32:34 UTC

bug:logger name without dot not additive to root logger

I'd configure log4j 2.0-beta4 like next configuration, but "com" logs not added to root console logger.

<loggers>
<logger name="com">
<appender-ref ref="file">
</logger>

<root level="DEBUG">
<appender-ref ref="console">
</root>
</logers>

BaseConfiguration.setParents() don't set parent ordinarily without '.' in logger name.

Patch attached.
(FailoverAppenderTest failed after fix BaseConfiguration, so fix log4j-failover.xml also)

Re: bug:logger name without dot not additive to root logger

Posted by 이윤영 <pr...@gmail.com>.
I tried to create issue, but I couldn't find submit issue button. Thanks for your help.

2013. 2. 6. 오전 1:43 Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> 작성:

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.