Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alan Chaney <al...@compulsivecreative.com> on 2009/01/16 17:02:50 UTC

T5 AJAX

Hi

I'm considering to move to T5 for a major new project. I evaluated T4 at
some length a couple of years ago but went a different way for my needs
at the time. We have experience with JQuery. I understand that T5 comes
with prototype and scriptaculous support. How easy is it to replace
those with Jquery? Or is it possible for them to 'coexist'?

Does anyone have any specific experience of using Jquery and T5?

Regards

Alan Chaney

Re: T5 AJAX

Posted by Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Alan Chaney
<al...@compulsivecreative.com> wrote:
> Hi

Hi!

> I'm considering to move to T5 for a major new project. I evaluated T4 at
> some length a couple of years ago but went a different way for my needs at
> the time. We have experience with JQuery. I understand that T5 comes with
> prototype and scriptaculous support. How easy is it to replace those with
> Jquery? Or is it possible for them to 'coexist'?

AFAIK, nobody tried to replace Prototype/Scriptaculous in Tapestry 5
yet. On the other hand, they can coexist, as documented here:
http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries. Summary: you
can use both at the same time, you will just need to use $jQuery() or
$j() instead of $().

--
Thiago