Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by TARUN_P <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/14 07:01:21 UTC

Re: AW: Reporting tool for JMeter

Hi Peter,

Nice to hear this.  Is the product already released?

Tarun

Posted by "Oliver Erlewein (DSLWN)" <Ol...@datacom.co.nz>.
Hi Ajay,

What stats are you trying to gather? The tested boxes or your JMeter executing PC?

You can use PerfMon to monitor simple stuff on Windows boxes. Unix you can use command line commands. If you don't mind some coarseness in the results try something like SNMP and Cacti.

But you will still need to write some evaluation thing to match them up with your Jmeter results.

Cheers Oliver

Posted by Jose Pablo Sarco <jo...@ar.neoris.com>.
I check a lot of tools, but the best tools are expensive.

You can check this post:

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=521453&an=0&page=0#Post521453

Regards,

Jose

What is the best way to capture System Parameters like CPU, Memory etc when a test is run from Command Line in Jmeter.
If there is no support currently in Jmeter what is other best way to handle this requirement wherein my Test is in Jmeter but I want to measure the System Parameters also.

Ajay

Actually I'm too busy these days to work on the reporting tool.  I
haven't touched it since 2006 and have no plans of finishing it.

peter

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Mishra, Ajay <Aj...@gs.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Nice to hear that your are working on the reporting tool. I think that is one of the big drawback in Jmeter i.e. its reporting is very bad.
> I will take this opportunity to point out that we should also look at having some reports which captures System Parameters as well. Those are very necessary requirements for a performance Test.
>
> Also wanted to know if someone has faced the situation wherein when a Test is run from the NON-GUI mode the System parameters are not captured in .JTL file but it works when the test runs in GUI mode. Wanted to know if there is a workaround to resolve the same.
>

> Regard's
> Ajay Mishra

#################################################################################################################
Este documento puede incluir información confidencial y propiedad de Neoris y deberá ser leído solamente por la
o las personas a quienes está dirigido. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, por favor avise
inmediatamente al remitente contestando y eliminando este correo. Cualquier punto de vista u opiniones expresadas
en este mensaje son del remitente y no necesariamente coinciden con aquellas de Neoris. Este documento no deberá
ser reproducido, copiado, distribuido, publicado, ni modificado por terceros sin la autorización por escrito de Neoris.

Este mensaje ha sido verificado contra virus. Visítenos en www.neoris.com.

This document may include proprietary and confidential information of Neoris, and may only be read by those
person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail
are those of the sender and do not necessarily coincide with those of Neoris. This document may not be reproduced,
copied, distributed, published, modified or furnished to third parties, without the prior written consent of
Neoris.

This e-mail message has been scanned for viruses and cleared. Visit us at www.neoris.com

RE: AW: Reporting tool for JMeter

Posted by "Mishra, Ajay" <Aj...@gs.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Oliver Erlewein (DSLWN)" <Ol...@datacom.co.nz>.
Tarun,

I made my own reporting tool which does what I need. It's a conglomeration of Shell scripts and Python scripts that evaluate JMeter XML output. The output is done in PDF with GnuPlot graphs. I still have not thought about Open Sourcing it as the use is pretty restricted to how I use JMeter / let it collect results. i.e. you'll have to include certain samplers for it to work. Since I'm also quite busy I can't tell you how long until I can produce something that might be of interest for all. But I can tell you that Python and GnuPlot does a good job of it.

Cheers Oliver