Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ca...@ibs-ag.com on 2013/01/08 17:41:57 UTC

ApacheDS 2.0.0-M9 ?

Hi. Over the weekend I saw M9 on the website. I downloaded it but today it's gone..  is it supposed to be?

Also, in the partition entry, do we still need to declare the muti-value ads-indexes attribute with all the configured indexes?
In the config.ldif from the trunk, this value is omitted from the example.com partition now.

For example, Our partition entry with the multi-value ads-indexes field

dn: ads-partitionId=foo,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
objectclass: top
objectClass: ads-base
objectclass: ads-partition
objectclass: ads-jdbmPartition
ads-indexes: uid
ads-indexes: employeeNumber
ads-indexes: displayName
ads-indexes: cn
ads-indexes: mail
ads-indexes: roomNumber
ads-indexes: pwdPolicySubEntry
ads-indexes: member
ads-indexes: description
ads-indexes: givenName
ads-indexes: sn
ads-partitionSuffix: o= foo
ads-jdbmpartitionoptimizerenabled: TRUE
ads-partitioncachesize: 100
ads-partitionsynconwrite: FALSE
ads-partitionid: foo
ads-enabled: TRUE

Does it need to be like this now? Without ads-indexes..

dn: ads-partitionId=foo,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
objectclass: top
objectClass: ads-base
objectclass: ads-partition
objectclass: ads-jdbmPartition
ads-partitionSuffix: o= foo
ads-jdbmpartitionoptimizerenabled: TRUE
ads-partitioncachesize: 100
ads-partitionsynconwrite: FALSE
ads-partitionid: foo
ads-enabled: TRUE

Thanks!
 Carlo Accorsi

Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M9 ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 1/8/13 5:41 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> Hi. Over the weekend I saw M9 on the website. I downloaded it but today it's gone..  is it supposed to be?
Yep. We discovered some big issues in the configuration. We are fixing
it and wil probably cut a new release tomorrow.

> Also, in the partition entry, do we still need to declare the muti-value ads-indexes attribute with all the configured indexes?
> In the config.ldif from the trunk, this value is omitted from the example.com partition now.
>
> For example, Our partition entry with the multi-value ads-indexes field
>
> dn: ads-partitionId=foo,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
> objectclass: top
> objectClass: ads-base
> objectclass: ads-partition
> objectclass: ads-jdbmPartition
> ads-indexes: uid
> ads-indexes: employeeNumber
> ads-indexes: displayName
> ads-indexes: cn
> ads-indexes: mail
> ads-indexes: roomNumber
> ads-indexes: pwdPolicySubEntry
> ads-indexes: member
> ads-indexes: description
> ads-indexes: givenName
> ads-indexes: sn
> ads-partitionSuffix: o= foo
> ads-jdbmpartitionoptimizerenabled: TRUE
> ads-partitioncachesize: 100
> ads-partitionsynconwrite: FALSE
> ads-partitionid: foo
> ads-enabled: TRUE
>
> Does it need to be like this now? Without ads-indexes..
>
> dn: ads-partitionId=foo,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
> objectclass: top
> objectClass: ads-base
> objectclass: ads-partition
> objectclass: ads-jdbmPartition
> ads-partitionSuffix: o= foo
> ads-jdbmpartitionoptimizerenabled: TRUE
> ads-partitioncachesize: 100
> ads-partitionsynconwrite: FALSE
> ads-partitionid: foo
> ads-enabled: TRUE

No, you won't have to declare those indexes, assuming they exist in
entries below the partition.

We have removed all those useless multi-value attribute.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com