Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dmitri Plotnikov <dp...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/08 18:52:40 UTC

Re: [jxpath] setValue calling getValue

Mike,

You are right, it really should not do that.

The line numbers in the stack trace indicate that you are using a
pretty old version of jxpath. Could you upgrade to the current version
and let me know if the problem persists?

The binary download is available at
www.plotnix.com/jxpath/commons-jxpath.zip

Thank you,

- Dmitri

--- Ext-Mike.Hogan@nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When JXPath is setting a property, it first gets the properties value
> (computeValue()).  I have an throwing an exception in the getter
> method in my class to show the stack trace, below.
>
> Why does JXPath read the value before setting it, and is there any
> way to avoid it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.
>
> java.lang.Exception: Reading field
> 	at

com.nokia.b2t.dna.graphmap.MockDomainObject$MockNestedDomainObject.getStringField(MockDomainObject.java:76)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.util.ValueUtils.getValue(ValueUtils.java:287)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.beans.BeanPropertyPointer.getNodeValue(BeanPropertyPointer.java:187)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.beans.PropertyPointer.getValuePointer(PropertyPointer.java:152)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.axes.SimplePathInterpreter.singleStep(SimplePathInterpreter.java:246)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.axes.SimplePathInterpreter.interpretPath(SimplePathInterpreter.java:119)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.Path.getSingleNodePointerForSteps(Path.java:162)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.LocationPath.computeValue(LocationPath.java:137)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.setValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:329)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPathAndSetValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:320)
> 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPathAndSetValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:315)
> 	at

com.nokia.b2t.dna.graphmap.ObjectGraphMapper.performMapping(ObjectGraphMapper.java:88)
> 	at

com.nokia.b2t.dna.graphmap.ObjectGraphMapper.toDomainGraph(ObjectGraphMapper.java:57)
> 	at

com.nokia.b2t.dna.graphmap.ObjectGraphMapperJUnitTest.main(ObjectGraphMapperJUnitTest.java:122)