Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by modperl_chachi <mo...@elnidothunder.net> on 2002/08/23 05:27:27 UTC

modperl causing .php/ files to be displayed in plain text

Hello,
I am looking for informaiton on how to go about troubleshooting an issue
with our unix apache configuration.  Something in our apache httpd.conf
file is causing any url with a .php extension and
a trailing / in the URL to be sent as plain text.  for example

http://unixcluster.temp-url.com/index.php  (parses .php file)
http://unixcluster.temp-url.com/index.php/ (serves file as plain text)
http://unixcluster.temp-url.com/index.php\ (serves file as plain text)
http://unixcluster.temp-url.com/index.php?asdfasdf (parses .php file)

Some modperl lines that could be affecting this in the apache httpd.conf
are
Perlrequire /usr/local/apache/conf/custom_config.pl
PerlTransHandler Apache::DefaultTrans
PerlLogHandler   Apache::DefaultLogger

Can anyone point me to where I need to start looking tt resolve this

OS = sun unix
apache 1.3.26
php 4.2.1
phpinfo settings are on the url above