Posted to users@camel.apache.org by avermout <av...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/21 17:49:39 UTC

DeadLetterChannel and DeadLetterChannel(Endpoint)

Hello all,

I already posted such a problem on Servicemix forum, but I didn't get any
response. So perhaps somebody can help me here.

I use SMX3.3 and Camel1.4, and I have two different behaviors when I use:
errorHandler(deadLetterChannel()) and
errorHandler(deadLetterChannel(ERROR_QUEUE))

For example, I use this DSL route from(JBI_ENDPOINT_A).to(JBI_ENDPOINT_B)
(In-Only messages) and I send a message to A. B  causes an error.
With the default deadLetterChannel, it is ok. A sends the message, error is
logged, and A receives an error response.
However, when I use deadLetterChannel(ERROR_QUEUE), a message is sent to the
error queue, error is logged, but A never receives the error message back.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks very much
Aymeric

Re: DeadLetterChannel and DeadLetterChannel(Endpoint)

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

I posted a response to your query on the SMX forum....

Do you use servicemix-camel for your camel route and do you emply the
"jbi:..." uri string in your Camel route to receive/send from JBI...

Cheers,

Ashwin...

avermout wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I already posted such a problem on Servicemix forum, but I didn't get any
> response. So perhaps somebody can help me here.
>
> I use SMX3.3 and Camel1.4, and I have two different behaviors when I use:
> errorHandler(deadLetterChannel()) and
> errorHandler(deadLetterChannel(ERROR_QUEUE))
>
> For example, I use this DSL route from(JBI_ENDPOINT_A).to(JBI_ENDPOINT_B)
> (In-Only messages) and I send a message to A. B  causes an error.
> With the default deadLetterChannel, it is ok. A sends the message, error
> is logged, and A receives an error response.
> However, when I use deadLetterChannel(ERROR_QUEUE), a message is sent to
> the error queue, error is logged, but A never receives the error message
> back.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> Thanks very much
> Aymeric

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---
+1-972-304-9084 (Office)
+1-972-971-1700 (Mobile)
----
Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com/

Re: DeadLetterChannel and DeadLetterChannel(Endpoint)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Sounds odd. Can you show the route you are using and your
configuration of the error handler?
And what is the endpoint uri for ERROR_QUEUE?

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM, avermout <av...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I already posted such a problem on Servicemix forum, but I didn't get any
> response. So perhaps somebody can help me here.
>
> I use SMX3.3 and Camel1.4, and I have two different behaviors when I use:
> errorHandler(deadLetterChannel()) and
> errorHandler(deadLetterChannel(ERROR_QUEUE))
>
> For example, I use this DSL route from(JBI_ENDPOINT_A).to(JBI_ENDPOINT_B)
> (In-Only messages) and I send a message to A. B  causes an error.
> With the default deadLetterChannel, it is ok. A sends the message, error is
> logged, and A receives an error response.
> However, when I use deadLetterChannel(ERROR_QUEUE), a message is sent to the
> error queue, error is logged, but A never receives the error message back.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> Thanks very much
> Aymeric

Claus Ibsen