Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christophe Warland <cw...@mail.com> on 2000/07/28 21:47:44 UTC

Re: FW: Download Problem

If this solves the problem for the download of so binaries, I would
appreciate if the following line was also added to the httpd.conf file.
Maybe it will solve my problems on Windows.

  application/binary  dll

Thanks,

C.

James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> >From the webmaster alias...
> ----------
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
> To: webmaster@jakarta.apache.org
>
> On the following page:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.1/bin/linux/i386/
>
> Is the comment:
> "Be careful downloading this file with Netscape. It
> tends to download it as text instead of binary. We
> suggest using another client. "
>
> There are actually 2 other ways to fix the problem
> then forcing me to use a browser other than
> communicator (which I have been hapily using for a
> number of years now).
>
> 1. add the following entry to your mime.types:
> application/binary  so
> then re-start apache (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart)
> (you might also have to restart your browser)
>
> 2. tell people to hold the 'shift' button when
> they click on the link. this forces communicator to
> save to a file.

Christophe Warland                   S1 Corporation
R&T Engineer                         Technology Center
christophe.warland@s1.com            705 Westech Drive
Phone: +1 678 421-4015               Norcross, GA 30092
Fax:   +1 253 399-5709               U.S.A.
   "If you're looney enough to run a file of unknown origin
 with a .vbs extension, that would be referred to as Darwinism."
       -- a Slashdot user, June 2000

Darwin Awards: http://www.darwinawards.com
Slashdot info: http://google.com/search?q=slashdot
VBS in action: http://google.com/search?q=vbs&btnI=I'm_feeling_lucky