Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com> on 2011/02/18 22:45:18 UTC

commons-configuration fails

Hi,

Building project commons-configuration fails:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ----------------------------------
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT

1 required artifact is missing.
for artifact: commons-configuration:commons-configuration:jar:1.7-SNAPSHOT

I've found commons-vfs-2.0-20090326.033229-1.jar from
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/org/apache/commons/commons-vfs/2.0-SNAPSHOT/
and then, install it using the command:
$ mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons -DartifactId=commons-vfs2 -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
But the commons-configuration is still failed and too many project are depended on it.
Is is right one?

Thanks,
Ludmila

Re: commons-configuration fails

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <lu...@oracle.com>.
Thanks a lot Stefan for the help. The problem is solved now.

Regards,
Ludmila

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-02-24, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:
>

>> Any specific doc I can take a look to fix my problem ?
>>

> I'm afraid there isn't any, we don't even have a binary distribution of
> the current mvn repo code (or any version of it).  As far as
> installation goes there are some hints in
> <http://wiki.apache.org/gump/VmgumpConfig> but not much more.
>
> You really are the only person outside of the ASF who wants to run an
> instance of Gump - which is great - and thus our documentation for
> installing it is either not existant or missing.  Any help on improving
> the docs is very much appreciated.
>
> First of all you need Gump's mvn repository proxy.  Check out
> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/mvnrepo/trunk/> and build it
> using "ant jar".
>
> The you must set the MVN_PROXY_HOME environment variable inside your
> local-env-*.sh to point to the lib directory of your copy of the repo
> proxy.
>
> There shouldn't be anything else you need to do.  When you start Gump
> the next time it should fire up the proxy (and kill it when done) and
> publish all jar and pom artifacts to it as it goes.

Here is my output after build mvnrepo ($ ant jar):
Starting mvn repository proxy
Running: java -jar /SOME/PATH//repoproxy.jar 80 /tmp/tmpLm-0Ci.properties
mvn Repository proxy started
Feb 28, 2011 4:31:54 AM org.apache.gump.mvnrepoproxy.HostResolver initialize
INFO: Mapping /repo/m2-snapshot-repository to http://people.apache.org
Feb 28, 2011 4:31:54 AM org.apache.gump.mvnrepoproxy.HostResolver initialize
INFO: Mapping /maven/2 to http://download.java.net
Feb 28, 2011 4:31:54 AM org.apache.gump.mvnrepoproxy.HostResolver initialize
INFO: Mapping /maven2 to http://repo1.maven.org
2011-02-28 04:31:54.192::INFO:  Logging to STDERR via
org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
Build Project: #[(1, 836)] : ant-1.6.5-pom :  [state:Unset]
Feb 28, 2011 4:31:54 AM
com.noelios.restlet.ext.httpclient.HttpClientHelper start
INFO: Starting the HTTP client
2011-02-28 04:31:54.311::INFO:  jetty-6.1.5
2011-02-28 04:31:54.335::WARN:  failed SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:80
java.net.SocketException: Permission denied
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:324)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:316)
        at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:199)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:211)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:309)
        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:228)
        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
        at
com.noelios.restlet.ext.jetty.JettyServerHelper.start(JettyServerHelper.java:386)
        at org.restlet.Server.start(Server.java:383)
        at org.restlet.Component.startServers(Component.java:1233)
        at org.restlet.Component.start(Component.java:1194)
        at org.apache.gump.mvnrepoproxy.Main.main(Main.java:114)

As a result, commons-configuration fails with the same problem:

Failed to resolve artifact.
Missing:

Re: commons-configuration fails

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-02-23, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:
>

>>> Starting mvn repository proxy
>>> Running: java -jar /SOME/PATH/repoproxy.jar 8192 /tmp/tmpZG3uV_.properties
>>>

>> Error: Unable to access jarfile /SOME/PATH/repoproxy.jar
>>

> This means the repo proxy is not controlled by Gump, which also means it
> will not serve the artifacts created during the Gump run.  If you fix
> this, commons-vfs2 will become available for commons-configuartion.
>
> Stefan

Stefan,

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-02-23, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:
>

>> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>
>>> Let's check you are sucessfully running the proxy before we try to find
>>> a different solution.
>>>

>> Seen the same results with Maven repository proxy setup.
>>

> OK.  You are running the proxy at that port and Gump knows it is running
> (i.e. when Gump starts the MVN_PROXY_HOME env variable is set), Gump
> starts the proxy itself and it publishes artifacts to it.  This means
> your logfile contains lines like
>
> Starting mvn repository proxy
> Running: java -jar /SOME/PATH/repoproxy.jar 8192 /tmp/tmpZG3uV_.properties

Error: Unable to access jarfile /SOME/PATH/repoproxy.jar
> and later
>
> Build Project: #[(517, 868)] : commons-vfs2 :  [state:Unset]
> Jan 31, 2011 9:41:16 PM org.apache.gump.mvnrepoproxy.restlets.ArtifactAdder handle
> INFO: adding .jar artifact with groupId 'org.apache.commons' artifactId 'commons-vfs2' and file name '/SOME/OTHER/PATH/commons-vfs2-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'

Build Project: #[(480, 720)] : commons-vfs2 :  [state:Unset]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com>.
Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
Didn't find commons-vfs2 in any repositories. Any idea ?

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Ludmila Shikhvarg <Lu...@oracle.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-02-18, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>> Building project commons-configuration fails:
>>

>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO] ----------------------------------
>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>> Missing:
>> ----------
>> 1) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
>> Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>>

> This jar is built and installed by the commons-vfs2 project and this
> works well for the ASF installations.
>
> Does commons-vfs2 not build in your environment or have you modified the
> commons-configuration descriptor?  Is your Gump installation public so
> that we can see logs?

commons-vfs2 is build successfully in my environment.
The Gump installation is not public, but the log file is attached:

      Command Line

mvn --batch-mode -DskipTests=true --settings
        /export/home/dtftest/gump/results/apache-commons/configuration/gump_mvn_settings.xml
        package

      Output

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/17/commons-parent-17.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/apache/7/apache-7.pom

[INFO] Building Commons Configuration
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/2.4.1/maven-resources-plugin-2.4.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-plugins/14/maven-plugins-14.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-parent/13/maven-parent-13.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/apache/6/apache-6.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/2.4.1/maven-resources-plugin-2.4.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/2.1/maven-compiler-plugin-2.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-plugins/16/maven-plugins-16.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-parent/15/maven-parent-15.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/2.1/maven-compiler-plugin-2.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.5/maven-surefire-plugin-2.5.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire/2.5/surefire-2.5.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.5/maven-surefire-plugin-2.5.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/2.3/maven-jar-plugin-2.3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/2.3/maven-jar-plugin-2.3.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-remote-resources-plugin/1.0/maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-plugins/10/maven-plugins-10.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-parent/7/maven-parent-7.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-remote-resources-plugin/1.0/maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/felix/maven-bundle-plugin/1.4.3/maven-bundle-plugin-1.4.3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/felix/felix/1.0.2/felix-1.0.2.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/felix/maven-bundle-plugin/1.4.3/maven-bundle-plugin-1.4.3.jar

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-idea-plugin: checking for updates from central
Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-idea-plugin/2.2/maven-idea-plugin-2.2.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-plugins/11/maven-plugins-11.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-parent/8/maven-parent-8.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-idea-plugin/2.2/maven-idea-plugin-2.2.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/1.3/maven-antrun-plugin-1.3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-plugins/12/maven-plugins-12.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-parent/9/maven-parent-9.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/1.3/maven-antrun-plugin-1.3.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-build-plugin/1.3/commons-build-plugin-1.3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/12/commons-parent-12.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-build-plugin/1.3/commons-build-plugin-1.3.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/2.2-beta-5/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-5.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/2.2-beta-5/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-5.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-source-plugin/2.1.1/maven-source-plugin-2.1.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-source-plugin/2.1.1/maven-source-plugin-2.1.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-collections/commons-collections/3.2.1/commons-collections-3.2.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/9/commons-parent-9.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.5/commons-lang-2.5.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.1/commons-logging-1.1.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/5/commons-parent-5.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-digester/commons-digester/1.8/commons-digester-1.8.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-beanutils/commons-beanutils/1.7.0/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.3/commons-logging-1.0.3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1/commons-logging-1.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-beanutils/commons-beanutils/1.8.2/commons-beanutils-1.8.2.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-codec/commons-codec/1.3/commons-codec-1.3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-jexl/commons-jexl/1.1/commons-jexl-1.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.pom

[INFO] snapshot org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:2.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots
Downloading: http://localhost:80/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/commons/commons-vfs/2.0-SNAPSHOT/commons-vfs-2.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots)
Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-jxpath/commons-jxpath/1.3/commons-jxpath-1.3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/11/commons-parent-11.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/xml-resolver/xml-resolver/1.2/xml-resolver-1.2.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/apache/3/apache-3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.4/servlet-api-2.4.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/ant/ant/1.6.5/ant-1.6.5.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/xerces/xercesImpl/2.6.2/xercesImpl-2.6.2.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/xml-apis/xml-apis/1.0.b2/xml-apis-1.0.b2.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-dbcp/commons-dbcp/1.2.2/commons-dbcp-1.2.2.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-pool/commons-pool/1.3/commons-pool-1.3.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-pool/commons-pool/1.4/commons-pool-1.4.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/hsqldb/hsqldb/1.7.2.2/hsqldb-1.7.2.2.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/dbunit/dbunit/2.1/dbunit-2.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/junit-addons/junit-addons/1.4/junit-addons-1.4.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/mockobjects/mockobjects-core/0.09/mockobjects-core-0.09.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/mockobjects/mockobjects-jdk1.4-j2ee1.3/0.09/mockobjects-jdk1.4-j2ee1.3-0.09.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/javax/mail/mail/1.4/mail-1.4.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/javax/activation/activation/1.1/activation-1.1.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.8/log4j-1.2.8.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.5.6/slf4j-api-1.5.6.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-parent/1.5.6/slf4j-parent-1.5.6.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-ext/1.5.6/slf4j-ext-1.5.6.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-log4j12/1.5.6/slf4j-log4j12-1.5.6.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.14/log4j-1.2.14.pom

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/junit-addons/junit-addons/1.4/junit-addons-1.4.jar
Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-digester/commons-digester/1.8/commons-digester-1.8.jar
Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-dbcp/commons-dbcp/1.2.2/commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar
Downloading: http://localhost:80/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/commons/commons-vfs/2.0-SNAPSHOT/commons-vfs-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/xml-resolver/xml-resolver/1.2/xml-resolver-1.2.jar
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots)
Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.4/servlet-api-2.4.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.5/commons-lang-2.5.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.1/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/ant/ant/1.6.5/ant-1.6.5.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/xml-apis/xml-apis/1.0.b2/xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-jxpath/commons-jxpath/1.3/commons-jxpath-1.3.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-collections/commons-collections/3.2.1/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/xerces/xercesImpl/2.6.2/xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/mockobjects/mockobjects-core/0.09/mockobjects-core-0.09.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.5.6/slf4j-api-1.5.6.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/javax/activation/activation/1.1/activation-1.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/dbunit/dbunit/2.1/dbunit-2.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-pool/commons-pool/1.4/commons-pool-1.4.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-jexl/commons-jexl/1.1/commons-jexl-1.1.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-codec/commons-codec/1.3/commons-codec-1.3.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/hsqldb/hsqldb/1.7.2.2/hsqldb-1.7.2.2.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/javax/mail/mail/1.4/mail-1.4.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/commons-beanutils/commons-beanutils/1.8.2/commons-beanutils-1.8.2.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.8/log4j-1.2.8.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/mockobjects/mockobjects-jdk1.4-j2ee1.3/0.09/mockobjects-jdk1.4-j2ee1.3-0.09.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-ext/1.5.6/slf4j-ext-1.5.6.jar

Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-log4j12/1.5.6/slf4j-log4j12-1.5.6.jar

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons -DartifactId=commons-vfs -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons -DartifactId=commons-vfs -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
  	1) commons-configuration:commons-configuration:jar:1.7-SNAPSHOT
  	2) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  commons-configuration:commons-configuration:jar:1.7-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  gump-central (http://localhost:80/maven2),
  gump-apache.snapshots (http://localhost:80/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

[INFO] Total time: 7 minutes 5 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Oct 10 01:34:38 PDT 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 22M/100M

Ludmila

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.