Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/29 04:29:30 UTC

2.0.8 broken war build

Hi,

I've just been re-building my project with the new mvn 2.0.8 binary.

Here's my experience so far.

mvn clean install (jars) -> works as 2.0.7

mvn clean package -P<profile> (war) -> broken (re-tested on 2.0.7 and works)

So something has changed in 2.0.8 that has affected surefire.

Here is a snippet of the error

Nov 29, 2007 10:09:01 AM com.seanergie.persistence.SessionsManager
initialize
SEVERE: Exception building Hibernate SessionFactory :
Could not find datasource
org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not find datasource
         at
org.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.configure(Datas
ourceConnectionProvider.java:56)
         at
org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvi
der(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:124)
         at
org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvi

For each unit test that uses Hibernate (v3 with Annotations &
HibernateSearch), the same error 'Could not find datasource'.

For mvn 2.0.7 the build works perfectly.

I haven't changed my hibernate.cfg.xml file between builds, I haven't
changed any code or config between builds, the only thing I changed was
MVN_HOME & PATH to 2.0.8.

As these errors occur during the surefire:test phase of the build I'm
assuming that something has changed in the Classpath management for
surefire?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kev

RE: 2.0.8 broken war build

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Can you provide a test case for this? It's not immediately apparent why
the test-classes/classes problem would affect your build. (particularly
the spring one, I have no data on the war issue reported)

If you follow these instructions, it will provide us with a test we can
integrate into the core Its.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Creating+a+Maven+Integration+Test

Thanks,
Brian

I reported something similar in the user list today. The classpath that
Spring gets back in 2.0.8 points to classes, not test-classes, so all my
testing data cannot be found. As you said, things work fine in 2.0.7

Paul

Re: 2.0.8 broken war build

Posted by Francesco Vivoli <f....@gmail.com>.
In my case it's not the ordering that causes trouble, in fact no matter
how I set the forkmode my classpath looks like this (running with -X):

[DEBUG]   (f) classpathElements =
[/Users/villo/Documents/projects/atalaya/trunk/atalaya-web/target/test-classes,
/Users/villo/Documents/projects/atalaya/trunk/atalaya-web/target/classes,
/Users/villo/.m2/repository/junit/junit/4.2/junit-4.2.jar...

Both test-classes and classes are added to the classpath, and my test
resources
are found. I don't use Spring wildcard matching though.
Have you tried to see if resources in other locations rather than . (the
classpath root)
are picked up?

I don't know if it's relevant but in my pom I've got this as well

        <testResources>
            <testResource>
                <directory>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF</directory>
            </testResource>
            <testResource>
                <directory>src/test/resources</directory>
            </testResource>
        </testResources>

Francesco

Re: 2.0.8 broken war build