Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "J, Rajeev" <jr...@firstam.com> on 2008/01/25 09:14:43 UTC

Dynamic variable

Hi ,

We are trying to use Jmeter for performance Testing one of our
Applications. We are facing problems when we try to run the script

The scenario we recorded is:

1. Logging to the application

2. Add a message

3. Logging out

1. We Generate the Test scripts in Badboy and we are able to export as a
Jmeter script

2. When we run the script, the results shows as a pass

3. But when we try to check if there is a new message added. It is not

4. We also removed the message that we added while recording and we
tried to run the script and still no message gets added

5. We added 'HTTP URL Re-writing Modifier' and we are passing the
'JsessionId' , 'ViewState' and 'VScape' and run the test. But we are not
able to add a message.

This is where we think the problem is:

1. The Script generates dynamically a id called "vscape" which is
different for different Logins and if we can capture and pass this when
we run the script, then we might be able to run this script
successfully. Does any body know how we can capture and pass it at run
time.

2. When we run the script we after "login.asp" page is successful, after
that we have "result_process.asp"  page. The Response Data we get shows
that the "User has been logged out"

I have attached the Reponse Data below.

<SCRIPT>var g_sModuleName = 'search_result_process';</SCRIPT><FORM
ACTION='/login.asp' METHOD='POST' NAME='frmLogout' TARGET='_top'><INPUT
ID='txtErrorMessage' NAME='txtErrorMessage' TYPE='HIDDEN' VALUE='User
Has Been Logged Out By The
System.'></FORM><SCRIPT>document.frmLogout.submit();</SCRIPT>

Thanks

Abijith.S

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                   FADLD Tag