Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Michael Knox <Mi...@Detica.com> on 2001/11/22 17:31:14 UTC

Carriage returns after elements in XML-RPC

Hi,

I'm using an xml-rpc client to connect to a server and the server provider
is suggesting the following:
"For some reason the xmlrpc server is having difficulties handling structs
without carriage returns. We have made successful connections using xml that
has carriage returns. The problem only seems to exist with structs, yet I
would suggest including carriage returns for all elements."
This does not seem to make sense to me - I can understand the need for
carriage returns to end documents but not to handle elements within
documents. Am I mistaken or does this seem a bit daft to anyone else?
Mike

******************
This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only
become binding when confirmed in hard copy signed by an authorised signatory.
Detica limited is registered in England under No. 1337451.
Reg'd office:
Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, England, GU2 7YP.

Re: Carriage returns after elements in XML-RPC

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
It's daft.

What's the implementation at the server end?

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk