Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vidya Mahavadi <vi...@rmb.co.za> on 2007/01/31 12:08:00 UTC

jboss-maven-plugin

Hi,

I am trying to use jboss-maven-plugin(maven2) from codehaus for deployment
in jboss 4.0. Here is my plugin configuration, can anyone please tell me
what I am missing in here..

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <jbossHome>c:/software/jboss-4.0.5.GA</jbossHome>
                    <server>default</server>
                    <hostName>localhost</hostName>
                    <port>8080</port>
                    <fileName>

${project.build.directory}\${project.build.finalName}.${project.packaging}
                    </fileName>

                </configuration>
            </plugin>

And here is the error trace.

[INFO] [jboss:deploy]
[INFO] Deploying
C:\Vidya\WorkSpace\dealamendments\target\dealamendments-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
to JBoss.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Mojo error occurred: Server not defined in settings.xml: default

Thanks,
Vidya

This e-mail is subject to a disclaimer, available at
http://www.rmb.co.za/web/elements.nsf/online/disclaimer-communications.html

RE: jboss-maven-plugin

Posted by Greg Jones <gr...@gkj.com.au>.
Do you still have <server>default</server> in your plugin definition?

And can you log in to http://localhost:8080/jmx-console from a browser using
the username and password specified in your settings?

)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Mojo error
occurred: Server returned HTTP res
ponse code: 401 for URL:
http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jbo

ss.
system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName=deploy&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=fi
le:C:\Vidya\WorkSpace\dealam

RE: jboss-maven-plugin

Re: memory leak in m2 compile?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are memory leaks. Nothing known though.

On 2/1/07, Niels Gylling <ng...@it-practice.dk> wrote:
> Our project set is very large, about 275 poms, and 5500 over java files.
> When I do a full install of all these artifacts I see OutOfMemoryError
> after 30 mins of work.
>
> Are there known memory leaks in any main maven2 component, or is this
> what to expect?
>
> We use WinXP, jdk 142_10 and maven_opts=-Xmx500m
>
> I will try to increase memory to an optimal setting.
>
> For a reduced set with 150 poms and 2400 java files, the default jdk
> memory setting worked fine.
>
> /Niels

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

memory leak in m2 compile?

RE: jboss-maven-plugin

RE: jboss-maven-plugin

Posted by Greg Jones <gr...@gkj.com.au>.
Aha!

Firstly, my apologies to the previous poster about the server element. I was
getting mixed up with the serverName element on the configure goal.

Response 401 is the HTTP Unauthorized code, which means that your Jboss has
been set up to expect a username/password combination for your jmx-console.

You need to create a file called settings.xml in your HOME/.m2 directory,
with information about the server, for example:

<settings>
  <server>
    <id>default</id>
    <username>Your Username</username>
    <password>Your Password</password>
  </server>
</settings>

This will tell the jboss plugin to use these credentials when logging in to

RE: jboss-maven-plugin

Posted by Vidya Mahavadi <vi...@rmb.co.za>.
[...]

tem:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName=deploy&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=file:C:\Vidya\WorkSpace\dealamend
[...]
system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName=deploy&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=file:C:\Vidya\WorkSpace\dealam
endments\target\dealamendments-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.jboss.AbstractDeployerMojo.doURL(AbstractDeployerMojo.java:101)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.jboss.DeployMojo.execute(DeployMojo.java:40)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav
a:534)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401
for URL: http://localhost:8080/j
mx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName=deploy&
argType=java.net.URL&arg0=file:C:\Vidya\WorkSpace\dealamendments\target\dealamendments-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1149)
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.jboss.AbstractDeployerMojo.doURL(AbstractDeployerMojo.java:96)

RE: jboss-maven-plugin

Re: jboss-maven-plugin

Posted by Vidya Mahavadi <vi...@rmb.co.za>.

Re: jboss-maven-plugin