Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Michael Sheng <qs...@cse.unsw.edu.au> on 2001/05/28 14:59:12 UTC

messagerouter cannot work

Hi,

I just installed soap2.2 on WebLogic 5.1, when I check the
correctness
of server installation,

http://localhost:7001/soap/servlet/rpcrouter  OK, the message
occurs
just like the document says. however,
http://localhost:7001/soap/servlet/messagerouter not correct, the
information occurs:

    Error 404--Not Found

    From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

    10.4.5 404 Not Found

    The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No
indication is given of whether the condition is     temporary or
permanent.

    If the server does not wish to make this information available
the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can     be used
instead. The
410 (Gone) status code
    SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally
configurable mechanism, that an old resource is     permanently
unavailable and has no forwarding
    address.

Also, when I use list, deploy and un-deploy in admin page, same
error
occurs.

Please kindly tell me the possible reason.

I am new to soap and want to implement soap in my research
prototype. I
want to command soap in a quite short time.

Thanks

Michael.

Michael Q.Z. Sheng                          Office: 504 K-17
Kensington
Database Group                                Telephone: 61 2 9385
7998
School of Computer Sci. & Eng.                Facsimile: 61 2 9385
5533
University of New South Wales
Email:qsheng@cse.unsw.edu.au
Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Webpage:www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~qsheng

Re: messagerouter cannot work

Posted by Michael Sheng <qs...@cse.unsw.edu.au>.
Hi, Amar

I have solved the problem, thanks a lot.

Michael.

Re: messagerouter cannot work

Posted by Michael Sheng <qs...@cse.unsw.edu.au>.
Hi, Amar

Posted by Amarnath S <am...@yahoo.com>.
 hi Michael,
I am also a SOAP newbie but then i have been trying to run a prototype for the past one week and i was finally successful.
I dunno about weblogic as i dint try with it. I too had similar problems. Finally i resorted to installing the latest version of the SOAP jar that is Soap 2.2 rel 3. I installed the latest version of tomcat ie 3.2.1
All the jar files that have been mentioned in the web site must be available in the classpath both while executing the client as well as the server (tomcat or WL) the Servlet SDK shud be 2.1 or above. you shud have the mail and activation .jars in the classpath.
Just check whether have you given an entry for the messagerouter in the weblogic.properties file.
For the list deploy and admin, please check whether you have uncommented the property file entries in the weblogic.properties to enable JSP. Check whether the javac path of the compile command in weblogic.properties is pointing correctly.
Hope and wish you succeed in deploying your app.
Best wishes
Regards
Amar
  Michael Sheng <qs...@cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote: Hi,

I just installed soap2.2 on WebLogic 5.1, when I check the
correctness
of server installation,

http://localhost:7001/soap/servlet/rpcrouter OK, the message
occurs
just like the document says. however,
http://localhost:7001/soap/servlet/messagerouter not correct, the
information occurs:

Error 404--Not Found

>From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No
indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or
permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available
the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used
instead. The
410 (Gone) status code
SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally
configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently
unavailable and has no forwarding
address.

Also, when I use list, deploy and un-deploy in admin page, same
error
occurs.

Please kindly tell me the possible reason.

I am new to soap and want to implement soap in my research
prototype. I
want to command soap in a quite short time.

Thanks

Michael.

Michael Q.Z. Sheng Office: 504 K-17
Kensington
Database Group Telephone: 61 2 9385
7998
School of Computer Sci. & Eng. Facsimile: 61 2 9385
5533
University of New South Wales
Email:qsheng@cse.unsw.edu.au
Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Webpage:www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~qsheng

Yahoo! Auctions $2 Million Sweepstakes  -  Got something to sell?

Re: messagerouter cannot work

Posted by Amarnath S <am...@yahoo.com>.
 hi Michael,