Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jean-Eric Cuendet <je...@rptec.ch> on 2006/01/08 21:45:24 UTC

Creating a war with my Tapestry app

Hi,
Until now I used Tomcat with a direct checkout of my Tapestry app (in
/home/myapp) with the file TOMCAT/conf/Catalina/localhost/myapp.xml
pointing to /home/app
I'd like to create a war now for easy deployement. So I'll no more have
the TOMCAT/conf/Catalina/localhost/myapp.xml file since all the files
will be in my WAR in TOMCAT/webapps/myapp/.../web.xml

How do I tell Tomcat which database resource to use? In which file?
I have:
<Resource name="jdbc/symptoDataSource"
                   auth="Container"
                   type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                   driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
                   url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/myapp"
                   username="myapp"
                   password="***"
                   maxActive="20"
                   defaultAutoCommit="false"
                   timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="60000"/>

Thanks for any help
-jec

Re: Creating a war with my Tapestry app

Posted by Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi <le...@dtqsoftware.com>.
(I actually thought you were trying to write a Tapestry application that
invades foreign countries, lol)

Did you try putting the same myapp.xml in the application context
configuration?
Put a context.xml file in your WEB-INF directory with the resource
definitions.

( http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html )

--
Ing. Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi