Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2006/07/21 19:10:05 UTC

Aiming for a prerelease

Hi!

To get things rolling a bit in the project I think it might be a good
idea to try to focus on getting to something like a prerelease. Now,
since we're in incubation we can not freely do releases but I belive
that we can ask for one from the incubator as long as we clearly mark it
as in incubation.

Getting some form of prerelease out would help us focus on the major
issues with the code base as well as possibly getting FtpServer running
in more instances, something that provides feedback and possibly
additional developers.

What do you think? If you think its a good idea, what are the major
areas where you think we need some work? For this task I don't think we
should aim for any major architectual changes but rather getting the
worst pieces fixed.

/niklas