Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/08/23 16:43:32 UTC

FW: [HEADS UP] Apache DRAT prototype

For those interested … Apache DRAT is built on Apache OODT.

From: Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 9:40 AM
To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <ge...@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>
Subject: [HEADS UP] Apache DRAT prototype

Hi Incubator@,

Just to give you a heads up, over in Apache DRAT land we now have a

pretty solid UI and a weekly scan process set up to scan all of the Gitbox

repos using our Proteus (new) system UI. You can see our demo/prototype

here:

http://drat-vm.apache.org:8080/proteus-new/

It goes down every now and then as we are making a few last minute

tweaks to the UI (for example probably the last update we will make before

beginning a 1.0-RC1 process is to update the projects table to be paginated).

The UI is based on Vue.js and is the result of amazing work this summer by

our GSOC 2018 student Ahmed Ifhaam and also work by Tom Barber, and

others in DRAT.

Our intention is to provide this as a service to the ASF community and to set

up weekly or bi-weekly full scans. We haven’t fully decided how often to run

it (yet) since during the process of it running some elements of the UI are inaccessible

for short periods of time. We may do run one week, let it sit for a week, then run

another week, etc. There are some interesting visualizations that give you a feel

for how people are doing development at the ASF. Take a gander.

Please send any feedback to dev@drat.apache.org Thanks everyone.

Cheers,

Chris Mattmann

(on behalf of die-hard Apache DRAT fans everywhere)