Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/11 22:33:55 UTC

Safely deleting all existing topics?

In development, I often need to delete all existing data in all topics, and
start over.

My process for this currently is: stop zookeeper, stop kafka broker, rm -rf
~/kafka/data/*

But when I bring the broker back on, it often prints a bunch of errors and
needs to be restarted before it actually works.

I'm assuming some info is being persisted on Zookeeper.

Any ideas which other data I need to delete to start over w/ a clean slate?

Thanks.

Re: Safely deleting all existing topics?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Ali,

When I did testing / development, I usually delete zk directory as well
(default is /tmp/zookeeper) for clean up.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang